Come meet the president of IHRA!
Author Lawrence J. Hickey will be doing a 15-minute presentation on Pappy Gunn and the conversion of the medium bomber into a low-level strafer as part of the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center’s After Dark in the Park series. This will be held in Theater 2 on September 6th at 6:30pm.
Topics Larry may cover include:
- the development of B-17 skip-bombing
- Pappy Gunn and Jack Fox’s strafer idea
- the A-20 and B-25 strafer conversion in the 3rd, 345th, and 38th Bomb Groups
- the troublesome B-25G with its 75mm cannon
- modifications to the B-25J
Larry will be joined by several other experts, including two of our co-authors, Osamu Tagaya and Michael J. Claringbould, in the Pacific field for an exciting evening covering both Japanese and American aspects of World War II. You won’t want to miss it!